The House Speakership debate has been quite dynamic over the past several days, with new developments seemingly occurring by the hour. It was reported late last evening that President Trump, who was rumored to be seriously considering the office, at least for a short period of time until House Republicans achieved consensus on a worthy successor, would be endorsing Congressman Jim Jordan of Ohio, a longtime Trump ally, for the vaunted post. In a statement posted on Truth Social, President Trump said:
“Congressman Jim Jordan has been a STAR long before making his very successful journey to Washington, D.C., representing Ohio’s 4th Congressional District. Respected by all, he is now Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee. As President, I had the honor of presenting Jim with our Country’s highest civilian award, The Presidential Medal of Freedom. So much is learned from sports, and Jim was a master! While attending Graham High School, he won State Championships all four years, a rarity, and compiled an amazing 156-1 record. At the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Jim became a two-time NCAA Division l Wrestling Champion. He won his 1985-86 NCAA Championship Matches in his weight class. Jim has a masters degree in Education from Ohio State University & a Law Degree from Capital University. He is STRONG on Crime, Borders, our Military/Vets, & 2nd Amendment. Jim, his wife, Polly, & family are outstanding – He will be a GREAT Speaker of the House, & has my Complete & Total Endorsement!”
Ever since that statement was made, other House Republicans who originally expressed a willingness to endorse Donald Trump’s Speakership bid, notably Congressman Troy Nehls (WI), have since pivoted in their support for Jordan, aligning themselves with President Trump’s endorsement. Other Trump and MAGA-adjacent allies in the House, such as Congresswoman Luna (FL), have also said they would be willing to support Jordan’s Speakership bid. It should be noted that Congresswoman Luna originally pledged to not support anyone for House Speaker unless that candidate put an end to “weaponized government,” which includes a Department of Justice rapaciously committed to thwarting President Trump’s re-election campaign with baseless and unconstitutional indictments, and intelligence agencies equally hellbent on labeling every last Trump supporter an “extremist” and “domestic terrorist.”
As I wrote earlier this week about in my plea to get President Trump to be the next House Speaker, if only for an interim period, which I still believe would be the best option for the country, the next House Speaker – whoever he is – must make President Trump and the movement he represents their absolute priority. To that end, every single political decision in America from now until next November, including the choice for next House Speaker, should be based on one question only: what will make President Trump’s path back to the White House easiest?
Indeed, that question must be the operative principle governing every decision between now and next November. It is the only question that effectively matters at this point, in large part because the outcome of the 2024 presidential election will determine whether America might continue to exist as it once did as a free and independent nation, or whether that hallowed tradition will be finally vanquished by the Marxist infiltrators who control the reins of power in the Democratic Party, who otherwise seek to raze every last trace of that once glorious history.
Accordingly, the next Speaker must recognize the high stakes of the present crisis, and respond swiftly, implementing policies that will make the prospect of President Trump’s re-election more probable. Though I previously outlined what must be done earlier this week, for the purposes of brevity, I have summarized – and elaborated where desirable – the main tasks below:
- As the most powerful Republican office holder in the country, the next House Speaker is duty bound to make a full-throated endorsement of President Trump for his party’s nomination.
- The next House Speaker must also call upon the Republican National Committee, the Republican Governors Association, and Republican officeholders in federal, state, and local offices, to fully support President Trump’s re-election, and commit whatever resources are needed to make sure he is re-elected in a fair and uncorrupted election process.
- The next House Speaker must put a categorical end to Jack Smith’s two baseless criminal investigations against Donald J. Trump, which are an extension of the years-long witch-hunt waged by the Biden (and Obama)-led government against President Trump and his supporters.
- The next House Speaker must subpoena rogue District Attorneys like Fani Willis and Alvin Bragg, who have weaponized the rule of law in pursuit of their own self-interested political vendettas, which in turn threaten to plunge America into banana republic-like chaos. Moreover, the next House Speaker must do whatever is necessary to investigate Attorney General Merrick Garland who has presided over the corruption of the Department of Justice – and the possibility of due process and the rule of law with it.
- The next House Speaker must formally introduce articles of impeachment against Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and potentially other high-ranking officials in the Biden administration, such as Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas, for their “high crimes and misdemeanors” committed while in office.
- The next House Speaker must heed Congressman Gaetz’s call in putting a full stop to the Continuing Resolution, which has ballooned the national debt to well over $30 trillion, exacerbating the decades-high inflation crisis that has put the United States on an unsustainable – indeed, suicidal – downward spiral. Also, in line with Congressman Gaetz’s call, the next Speaker must pledge to end all future omnibus bills and commit to a balanced budget, wherein government spending is itemized by specific issues, as it once was.
- The next House Speaker must put a complete end to all future funding of the Ukraine-Russia conflict, and fully commit to securing the southern border, which now sees millions of illegals pouring over by the year. The next House Speaker must also commit to safeguarding America’s cities, where crime has skyrocketed to historic highs, and introduce law and order policies, allowing police to do their jobs unencumbered by the threat of retaliation by far-Left prosecutors, mayors, and attorneys general.
The above represents just a partial list of policies that the next House Speaker must commit to in order to help navigate America through the crisis created by the Biden regime, until President Trump once more ascends to the Oval Office. Whether that Speaker is Jim Jordan, who now appears to be the frontrunner, or someone else – his feet must be held to the fire by other Republicans in the House of Representatives, to ensure that he does not repeat the same mistakes of Kevin McCarthy (and McCarthy’s equally feckless Republican predecessors) that are responsibility for the current predicament.
To better achieve that result, the motion to vacate should remain on the table as leverage for other House Republicans, particularly firebrands like Congresswoman Greene and Congressman Nehls, and others who initially pledged to only support President Trump for House Speaker. This will go a long way to help ensure the next House Speaker keeps his promises, which will not just help President Trump’s campaign, but most importantly, serve the interests of America and its people – who now suffer under the hand of an illegitimate regime puppeteering the rhetoric and policies of a tinpot dictatorship, which should have never – ever – been allowed to take root, let alone metastasize to its current, terminal level, in the United States of America in the first place.
Paul Ingrassia is a Law Clerk at The McBride Law Firm, PLLC. He graduated from Cornell Law School in 2022 and is on the Board of Advisors of the New York Young Republican Club. He is also a two-time Claremont Fellow. Follow him on Twitter @PaulIngrassia, Substack, Truth Social, and Rumble.
GOP Weakens Slim House Majority In Incredible Feat Of Self-Sabotage – George Santos Expelled
The Post Millennial: On Friday, the House of Representatives voted to expel Republican Rep. George Santos by a vote of...
Biden Admin Betrayal: Blinken Tells Israel It Lacks ‘Credit’ To Defeat Hamas
Breitbart: U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken told Israel that it lacks “credit” to conduct the kind of military campaign...
‘A Friend Of Ours Forever’ – Chinese Communists Celebrate Life Of Henry Kissinger, Dead At 100
Breitbart: Genocidal Chinese dictator Xi Jinping, the Chinese Foreign Ministry, and regime-approved commenters on the tightly controlled Chinese internet...
House Republicans Who Defied Pelosi’s Mask Mandate Appeal To SCOTUS
SCNR: Three Republicans who were fined by former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for not wearing masks have asked the United...
Biden’s DOJ Seized Extensive Records Of Users’ Interactions With President Trump’s Twitter Account
The Post Millennial: Biden’s Department of Justice released the redacted search warrant for Donald Trump’s Twitter account from by special...
Exclusive Poll – Voters’ Top 3 Descriptions Of Joe Biden: Old, Weak, and Tired
Breitbart: The top three descriptions of President Joe Biden by likely registered voters depicted the 81-year-old as low energy, according...
Trump’s Attorneys Demand DOJ Documents Regarding Undercover Activity On J6
The Post Millennial: In a discovery letter filed last week in the US District Court for the District of Columbia,...
New Details Emerge Of Inhumane Israeli Hostage Conditions Under Hamas
Breitbart: More details are emerging about the harsh conditions in which Hamas kept Israeli hostages, including children and the elderly....
Political Correctness Run Amok – Border Patrol Required To Use ‘Preferred’ Pronouns
Just the News: The Biden Homeland Security Department’s new pronoun rules for illegal immigrants is getting lambasted by the union...